back to the Cousin Calculator page
If you don't see your guestbook entry, Reload (or Refresh) your page!
- I am looking for any descendents of Henry M. Finnegan like children, grandchildren that I could send email to?
[added 12 Jun 08]
- Thanks, I hope I can figure out how to "unzip" this!
[added 03 Jun 08]
- I hope this is cool
[added 05 May 08]
- this will be a very useful tool at my family reunion this year
[added 22 Apr 08]
- So if I've calculated this right, my maternal grandfather remarried and had a new
family, and his grandchildren from that family would be my first cousins?
[added 17 Apr 08]
- What is the relationship of my five-greats grandfathers nephew nto me?
Margaret Ann Shooter
[added 14 Apr 08]
- A useful tool
[added 07 Apr 08]
- Hi cousins. You too Uncle Forrest
[added 03 Apr 08]
- thanks a bunch!
[added 24 Mar 08]
- I am close to my grandmothers cousin and her children. I know my grandmothers cousin's children are my third cousins. But what is my grandmothers cousin to me?
[added 23 Mar 08]
- looking for first cousins
[added 05 Mar 08]
- Thanks for the great tool. Make life easier.
Terry E Richardson
[added 22 Feb 08]
- Thank you, for your thoughtfulness in sharing the efforts of your solution, to the delemia that besieges all of us who search for, find, and then wonder about our kin connections... :)
[added 19 Feb 08]
- I need to know if I'm related to Gabriel Stankiewicz. I NEED TO KNOW, we have an uncanny physical resemblance. If anyone knows anything, contact me at email@example.com. Thanx so much.
Alexsys "Lexy" Brittney Carlson
[added 10 Feb 08]
- my mothers has a half brother (they share the same mother, not father)which is my uncle. My uncle has another half sister(they share the same father, not mother) My uncle's sister has a son. Am i related to my uncles sister's son?
[added 06 Jan 08]
- this is great I been looking for somthing like this for years.
[added 19 Dec 07]
- My mother's cousins daughter, what relation is she to me?
[added 04 Dec 07]
[added 03 Dec 07]
- Yes I think I spoke with you once before, I think I do have some info on him, I will check and send you what I have. I believe he was my great uncle
Anna S. Kelly
[added 16 Nov 07]
[added 15 Nov 07]
- Mydad was born in BROOKSVILLE ky his name is or was ROBERT
SAMUEL KISKADEN I KNOW HIS BIRTHDAY WAS IN NOV IF SOMEONE HAS INFO I SURE LIKE TO KNOW PLEASE CONTACT ME AT MY EMAIL OR 931-265-2060 BYRDSTOWN TENN THAK U PATRICIA KISAKDEN FOX
[added 12 Oct 07]
- Looking forward to using it.
[added 21 Sep 07]
- im looking for my family tree surname kiskaden i think i have kin in kentucky and ohio my dad is robert my mom helen they were married in the early 1955 and divorce in 1962 had 3 childen robert e william c and me i was born 6-22-1957 dad sister name was margrett and he has a brother edward if any kiskaden can help please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org thanks
patricia kiskaden fox
[added 21 Aug 07]
- I needed this
[added 13 Aug 07]
- What relation is my cousin's son to me?
[added 19 Jul 07]
- lookin for cuz
[added 15 Jul 07]
[added 01 Jul 07]
- What a fabulous tool!! Many many thanks.
[added 22 Jun 07]
[added 21 Jun 07]
- Thanks a great help to everyone .
[added 04 Jun 07]
- how am i related to my mothers cousin
[added 04 Jun 07]
[added 31 May 07]
[added 25 May 07]
- Tryin to see if this girl is my cousin
[added 23 May 07]
- Wat up homiez!!
[added 21 May 07]
- Found this handy tool by accident. Many thanks for taking all the hard work out of the calculations. I'm just discovering many relatives I didn't know I had in the U.S.A. It will be great to place the relationship using the calculator.
[added 10 May 07]
- hi im kyha and i was just wondering how are yall doing
[added 30 Apr 07]
- Good to finaly be getting somewhere
[added 08 Apr 07]
- I am looking for information on Gabriel Jacobus Richter of South Africa. All I know is that he married Johanna Adriana van Zyl in 1896 in South Africa, probably in the town of Piketberg.
Nicoline van der Merwe
[added 31 Mar 07]
[added 23 Mar 07]
[added 21 Mar 07]
- We will see
Colleen and Dave
[added 19 Mar 07]
- We will see
Colleen and Dave
[added 19 Mar 07]
- I will give it a try.
[added 02 Mar 07]
- Is there some type of family chart one could use to help determine who is related to you (me) ?
Mills C. Rodgers
[added 10 Jan 06]
- Thanks! This is a very handy tool
[added 07 Jan 06]
- Thanks for this great site.
[added 26 Dec 05]
- Just what I've been looking for and a must have for every genealogist.
[added 24 Dec 05]
- Thank you for a handy tool!
[added 22 Dec 05]
- Thank you for this great tool.
[added 01 Dec 05]
- Now maybe I will be able to at least come close to winning lineage arguements with my wife. lvp
[added 02 Nov 05]
- find this to be very helpfull in wifes familly search.
Vincent R. Lauria
[added 27 Oct 05]
- Thanks for the useful tool !! I can't wait to use it.
[added 15 Sep 05]
- Thank you very much, I have a large family. This will sort them all out.
[added 24 Aug 05]
- I enjoyed your site! Thank you for the Cousin Calculator, I will be added it to
my site "Ancestors of JAMES HOWARD HOUSER" @ <BR>http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~houser0moore/jhh
[added 26 Jul 05]
- Durham, NC
[added 19 Jul 05]
- A good service.
[added 16 Jul 05]
- I'm trying to find out what relationship my first cousin's son would be to me? Would he be my second cousin?
[added 29 Jun 05]
Thanks for the CC all that removed 1 2 and 3 gets a bit loopy now and then...
[added 25 Jun 05]
- Thanks for sharing this.
[added 30 May 05]
- Appreciate your making available this free tool for genealogy research, etc. Thanks again.
[added 22 May 05]
- Great idea for us mere mortals--thanks
[added 16 May 05]
- How am I related to my first cousin's child?
[added 14 May 05]
- thanks so much for the handy tool. I volunteer at the LDS Family History
Center and the cousin "thing" is an on going mystery to many folks. This will
be a big help.
[added 28 Apr 05]
- What a helpful little addition to my family research.
[added 22 Apr 05]
- At last a useful way of finding who and how we are connected! (Without the hassel)
[added 09 Mar 05]
- Handy little tool, Thank you
[added 08 Mar 05]
- This is way cool, thanks so much!
[added 08 Mar 05]
- Thanks for calculator
Richard E. Watson
[added 08 Mar 05]
- HI IM LOOKING FOR MY GRANDFATHERS SIDE OF THE FAMILY HIS NAME IS BRUCE COUSINS HE WAS BORN IN CANADA IN 1913 HE MET A WOMEN NAMED MARGARET SIERRA I THINK AND HAD MY DAD FRANK LESLIE COUSINS A ONLY CHILD THAT WE KNOW OF WE HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE ON MY DADS OR GRANDFATHERS SIDE AND WOULD LIKE TO AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ALL WE CAN TO BE ABLE TO FINSH MY FAMILY TREE ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME THANKS FOR YOUR TIME MARGARET
[added 02 Mar 05]
- Hokay. I've rarely seen relationships as simple as "I'm your second cousin once removed." Usually they add the dreaded words, "...ON YOUR/MY FATHER'S/MOTHER'S SIDE." Any illumination on this? I presume that this is a reference to who are actually the cousins per se. Or just a reference to the parent?
Also, Happy New Year, all. Rejoice in what you have.
[added 06 Jan 05]
- Thank you for help with our genealogy family with this program.. seems to work great. sure helps with relationship questions very quickly
[added 29 Sep 04]
- Just found this handy tool, excellent!! Saves a lot of head scratching. Now on with the work
Michael T Comerford
[added 16 Sep 04]
- Try this one too:
[added 27 Aug 04]
- Searching for relatives of Enoch Greene. Have found lots of 3rd cousins...looking for any other relations.
[added 04 Aug 04]
- Hello, Very nice website ! I am trying to track back the history of the Cybulski family and other related families all around the world. My special interest goes to Kresy Wschodnie of Poland. Please go to my website http://cybulski.webalias.com and use "Contact" link there to message me. I am looking for the information about the following surnames: CYBULSKI, URBANOWICZ, ZARCZYNSKI, BAGINSKI, SLOWINSKI, BURZYNSKI, ADASZYNSKA, ZYGADLO, PLOMINSKI, KRZYSZTOFIAK and any others related to Cybulski. I will be gratefull to receive any help. Regards, Andre
[added 28 Jul 04]
- Batesburg, SC
[added 10 May 04]
- What relation is my mother's/father's cousin to me?
[added 19 Apr 04]
- good stuff
[added 08 Jan 04]
- We hale from a small community, where if you dig deep, we all seem to be related somehow! I'm trying to explain kinships to my children in a "user friendly way" Thanks
[added 11 Dec 03]
- What exciting times. Five girls, all great grandaughters of same people, and we have discovered that we're all 2nd cousins- linking Scotland, USA and Western Cape,South Africa.
[added 06 Dec 03]
- Mother Evelyn Smith and fatehr thomasc c smith
jacquelyn beatrice smith
[added 06 Nov 03]
- Got completely confused trying to unravel some ancestors who married cousins and asked Jeeves who sent me here. Way to GO!
[added 15 Oct 03]
- WHAT RELATION WOULD MY GGGRANDFATHER'S NEPHEW BE TO ME? THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO PUT THIS SITE TOGETHER
[added 29 Aug 03]
- I'm not quite sure how to use this. Can anyone help. I know a guy... his grandmother's mother (his great grandmother) and my grandmother's mother (my great grandmother) were 1st cousins. What does that make us? Please respond...anyone. Thanks!
[added 11 Aug 03]
- my boyfriendfriend is a cousin to my cousin, I want to know if we are related
[added 05 Aug 03]
- Nice little applet. Makes confusing family trees far less so. Thanks.
[added 29 Jul 03]
- Thanks for helping solve a tricky problem, well at least it was for me.... Keep up the great work !! "SILK" Family Genealogist
[added 1 Jul 03]
- Thanks, been digging up bones and now want to connec with the living results of my research
Kristin Cooney Ayotte
[added 28 May 03]
- I have been looking at all leads about information on my stepfather Jess D. Halleck and this web site came up. I was hoping to find something. Thanks
Dianne Molde Urbauer
[added 28 Feb 03]
- Thanks, I needed a new one and this looks great. Have lots of cousins back in the 1800's that got married. It would bother me, but back in those days there were not many people around, so they did the best they could. (words from a aunts mouth.
[added 24 Feb 03]
- Thank you! - this is better than just a chart to determine
cousinship. The charts are very confusing.
At least this works IF each person knows how many "greats" in their relationship to the same grandfather.
Actually, one of us was in the niece position and the other
in the grandchild position, but it came out right!
[added 21 Jan 03]
[added 03 Jan 03]
- Cousin relationship has always been confusing. Thanks.
[added 28 Dec 02]
- I didn't understand what the hell that removal story meanth.
Into my family tree i'm someone's 1th cousin 4 times removed. I think i'll know what this is meaning now.
[added 29 Nov 02]
- Refreshingly clear!
[added 18 Nov 02]
- This is the best program in the whole world!!! :) I got so confused by all the tables/algorithms that I didn't even know if my cousin was really my cousin anymore! LOL.
[added 13 Nov 02]
- I have just down-loaded your relationship calculator, and have not yet even un-zipped it. I look forward to working with it, as the opportunity presents itself!
Thanks for a worth-while tool, and your helpfulness in providing it!!
Regards. Joe DUKE
[added 22 Oct 02]
- This is a great idea, but I have to find out if I can unzip zipped up things on my PC. If I can, I'll come back and download it! Many thanks.
[added 02 Oct 02]
- Check out this alternative too:
The Southron Presuppositionalist
[added 30 Sep 02]
- Great helping hand! We are still confused when the common ancestors happen to be related themselves. Like when a Grandma married her own Uncle. Descendants are related on both sides but the calculator calls it 2C or 1C-1R. Which is the more correct? Thanks for clarification. R&F
René & Franny VandeKauter
[added 28 Sep 02]
- Great!!!! This will sure help at our next family reunion.
Forrest D. pesch
[added 27 Sep 02]
[added 17 Sep 02]
- This is a great little utility. I have generated a website with my family tree and photos on a CD for family members. Is there a way to include this utility on that CD?
[added 09 Aug 02]
- BRILLIANT. thank you
[added 28 May 02]
- Great little tool. Does away with the guess work.
[added 09 May 02]
- So Kool, I may be able to figure this stuff outM.B.
Mary Wade Banks
[added 01 May 02]
- Absolutely marvellous; at last I know where I am!
[added 26 Apr 02]
- I never could figure it out - now I don't have to. Thanks. Also, a plug for the site that led me here: progenealogists.com Am going to spend a lot of time there.
[added 19 Feb 02]
- I've seen sites similar to yours, and I have the same
frustration with all of them. Each ste deals with
grandchildren and cousins, but none addresses the
nephew-grandson-nephew type of relationship. More
clearly, my grandfather had a nephew. As my
grandfather's grandson, what would be my relation to
[added 19 Feb 02]
Reply added 20 Feb 02:
Basically .. to determine a "cousin" relationship, you need to
determine the relationship between each person in question to
a common ancestor. Since your grandfather's nephew is his
brother's son (right?), then the ancestor that his nephew and
you have in common is your grandfather's father, or your
great-grandfather. So the relationship of you to this common ancestor
is great-grandchild, and the relationship of your grandfather's
nephew to this common ancestor is grandchild. That would make
you and your grandfather's nephew "1st Cousins 1x removed."
- Thank you for doing this. My children have asked me what "second cousin once removed" means and although I have heard of it, I could not tell them. I've always wondered myself.
[added 16 Feb 02]
- I HAVE AN ON GOING ARGUEMENT WITH MY FAMILY ON THE RELATIONSHIP OF 2ND COUSINS TO EACH OTHER.
I SAY ALL FIRST COUSINS ARE FIRST COUSINS TO EACH OTHEH AND THEIR CHILDREN ARE 2ND COUSINS WHICH MAKES THEM 2ND COUSINS TO EACH OTHER ALSO. HELP!
[added 15 Feb 02]
- This is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. You can get really caught-up in calculating your exact relationship to all those distant 'cousins' you've found. Fun stuff!!!
[added 29 Jan 02]
- Any relatives of Nellie Mason,Edward Mason,Cathrine Mason,William Mason,Cathrine Hawkins,Harry Beares,Agnes beares,Agnes Vineyard
[added 09 Jan 02]
- A number of you have suggested adding a guestbook, and I've finally gotten around to doing it! I hope you enjoy the Cousin Calculator!
[added 05 Jan 02]